Laser Surface Authentication (LSA™)
Revolutionary Technology for Brand Protection, Track & Trace and Document Authentication
Most traditional methods of document authentication and for assisting with the brand protection of high value products rely on some manufacturing process which is difficult to reproduce. Examples of such processes include adding watermarks, security printing, colour shifting inks and holograms. However, whilst these are often very difficult to replicate, experience tells us that it is not impossible.
Using a breakthrough, proprietary and patented technology, Laser Surface Authentication (LSA™), launched in August 2005, Ingenia is able to rapidly analyse the surface of any item and read a unique digital serial code. This code, which has been described as being like a fingerprint or DNA sequence for the item, is unique for every document, card and carton and can be used to uniquely and unambiguously identify the item. The serial code is naturally-occurring and is not added by any manufacturing process.
The technology can be used with most materials including paper, cardboard, plastics, metals, ceramics and textiles. As such LSA™ is ideal for the protecting documents, personal identity, packaging and products against counterfeiting and fraud.
Major organisations across the globe are using LSA™ to assist with brand protection, track & trace and document authentication.
- Extremely high uniqueness: the probability of two naturally-occurring codes matching is typically 10^30, but can be as low as 10^150.
- No known method to fraudulently copy a code.
- Nothing is added to a product or document, so nothing to copy.
- No change required to the design or colour of an item or document.
- No modification to manufacturing process required.
- High speed online scanning.
- Can be applied retrospectively to existing documents, cards, packaging or item.
- No codes that can be removed to hide the history of and item or document.
- Fully covert.
- Robust against wear and tear and intentional or malicious damage.
- Privacy neutral.
- The signature can be affixed to documents/surfaces in encrypted bar code form.
- Fast and effective authentication system in the field.
- Scalable solution to meet customers’ requirements.
- Low per-item cost with no consumable items required.